Holiday Firms LateRooms and SuperBreak have ceased trading leaving people stranded and summer holidays in chaos. and SuperBreak, both owned by The Malvern Group have collapsed, leaving thousands stranded and others unsure if they still have a summer holiday at all. The Malvern Group have told holidaymakers that Super Break hotel only customers would be cancelled altogether and people currently on holiday may have to pay again.

In a statement, the Malvern Group said: “We regret to advise you that Malvern Group incorporating SuperBreak Mini Holidays Limited and Late Rooms Limited, has filed notice of Intention to appoint an administrator on 1st August 2019 and have ceased trading with immediate effect. It’s the company’s intention to appoint an administrator to deal with the affairs of the business tomorrow.”

LateRooms have informed customers that they simply acted as an agent between themselves and the accommodation supplier, so they should contact the accommodation directly to confirm bookings are still in place. ABTA, the travel trade body, have told LateRoom customers that payments were made directly to accommodations and bookings should still go ahead.

SuperBreaks was a member of ABTA and the travel body have told customers that if they booked a holiday through the company all bookings have been cancelled. However for those already on holiday, they should be able to continue with their holiday as planned.

ABTA said: “These customers will either be entitled to a refund or, if they’ve booked through another travel company, they should contact them to discuss options which may include continuing with their booking, re-booking or alternative arrangements.”

Claiming Compensation For A Holiday

If something went wrong with your holiday you may be entitled to compensation from the company you booked it with. In The case above ABTA are recommending customers go straight to their banks and credit card providers, but what can you do if something went wrong with your holiday.

If you are still on holiday, tell the company or travel agent as soon as possible and you may be able to get the issue resolved there and then. If you wait till you get home, you might get less compensation or none at all.

Your legal rights depend on whether you went on a package holiday or with a linked travel arrangements or an independent traveller. However, if you booked your holiday you should write to the directly to the travel provider. If you booked a package holiday, write to the customer service department of the tour operator. If you booked it yourself or made a linked travel arrangement, write directly to the accommodation or service provider.

Make sure you include the following information:

1. Your booking reference

2. Clear details of what went wrong

3. Provide photos for evidence

4. Copies of receipts

5. How much compensation you think you are entitled to and why